Breath of the Wild's Divine Beasts-RANKED!- Worst to Best!

Before we jump in, I'd like to explain a few things. First off, it took much longer than I anticipated to get some Breath of the Wild content onto this blog, so I'd like to apologize for that. Secondly, and more relevant to the post itself, I entitled this a ranking of the Divine Beasts, rather than a ranking of the dungeons, since it's debated that Hyrule Castle is a dungeon in this game, but to avoid confusion, I'm sticking to the Beasts. Buutt, it must be said, Hyrule Castle is awesome in Breath of the Wild! And, finally, ( sorry about all this rubbish!) I am ranking the Beasts, not just on the actual content within them, but the journey to them as well.  Anyway, let's get to it!

NUMBER FOUR-DIVINE BEAST VAH MEDOH

You would be forgiven for feeling like the developers rushed this segment of the game, because I really did. Even Rito village, the area associated with Medoh, doesn't feel as fleshed out as it could be, and getting to the Beast is far too simple and easy. Go here, talk to this guy, do a really easy task and... that's it! You can go fly up to Medoh.  Add this to quite an easy, somewhat boring actual dungeon, and I ended up feeling like this majestic bird unfortunately is the weakest Beast quest in the game. And it's a shame, because it has a great design and lots of potential. Maybe the developers did rush this part of the game...

NUMBER THREE- DIVINE BEAST VAH RUDANIA

Now putting this one here was really difficult, since it almost draws with another Divine Beast in terms of my enjoyment, but all will become clear as to why it just loses out. Anyway, the segment to enter the Beast was super fun, I really enjoyed the stealth elements and the atmosphere is amazing, sneaking up Death Mountain and firing a Goron at Rudania to weaken him, absolutely awesome.However, the dungeon inside is home to quite a lackluster boss, and generally nothing much memorable happened within that I can pick out and talk about. So, in the end, good old Rude' just loses out to...

NUMBER TWO- DIVINE BEAST VAH NABORIS

I can't lie and deny that part of the reason Naboris is here is because it is part of the Gerudo segment of the game, which, in turn, is home to my two favorite characters in the BotW. But that aside, I really like the unique theme of this Beast: a lightning-firing camel. Sounds like a Pokemon! Parts of getting to the Beast are a little unsavory in my memory, the stealth segment in the Yiga hideout comes to mind   (Rudania's quest did the stealth thing better) and the dungeon itself was a little too complicated for my liking, but I did appreciate how well it was designed. The way the central cylinder moves is a spectacle in of itself, and it is fun to see how it influences the environment and the way you solve the puzzles.

NUMBER ONE- DIVINE BEAST VAH RUTA

Ahh, Ruta, I don't know whether its the beautifully fantastic music that plays in the background as you ride on a Zora Prince whilst firing arrows at it ( arrows, may I add, you stole from a Lynel) in order to gain entry, or the intense and unique boss, or maybe even just because it was my first Divine Beast, but it really is unbeatable in my eyes. Sure, it isn't the hardest, and maybe getting to him isn't particularly challenging, but man, this place is epic. Also Mipha, never forget Mipha. *cries*
I just had a lot of fun with this Beast, and I feel like it might even be the Beast that the developers poured the most love into, because you can really feel that love. Especially in that epic piano theme!

So there we have it, all four Divine Beasts in Breath of the Wild ranked from worst to best. Hope you enjoyed reading! Did you agree? Disagree? Let me know! And don't forget to suggest new topics for future posts, I really appreciate it!

Cheers- Tom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twilight Princess' Dungeons RANKED!- Worst to Best

Cooking Up My Perfect Zelda Game